Re: Easy way to incorporate Ubuntu improvements back into Debian?

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 11:27:50AM +0200, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> On Friday 05 May 2006 11:24, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > > It seems to me that Ubuntu is getting alot more out of their friendship
> > > with Debian, than Debian gets out of Ubuntu.  Anyone have comments on
> > > this?  Please correct me if I'm wrong, and examples would be great.
> > > Does Debian get lots of benefits from Ubuntu (in the software) that I'm
> > > unaware of?
> >
> > ... GNOME, Xorg, et al.
>
> 	Hi all!
>
> I just wanted to ask if there is any plans to package Xgl in debian soon? I
> have tryed building current package found in ubuntu but it failed...
> Compiz was building ok BTW...

As you can see in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=362779 you need a
patched mesa to make it works.

If you want to try a working xgl (with patched mesa) you can point
your apt to:

deb http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia/debian xgl/
deb-src http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia/debian xgl/

Here you can find the foolwing source packages:

xserver-xgl		Stolen from Ubuntu
compiz			Stolen from Ubuntu
control-center		Stolen from gnome-team svn
			Version 2.14 is needed by compiz.
mesa			Patched to support Xgl

Best Regards

|    Marco Nenciarini    | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| mnencia@prato.linux.it | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia       |
Key fingerprint = FED9 69C7 9E67 21F5 7D95  5270 6864 730D F095 E5E4