Re: Emacs out for lunch?

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 10:13:58AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> > On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 06:08:46PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> >> Yes, http://bugs.debian.org/365597

> >> Although the bug is still marked open, it's at least "fixed enough" now
> >> that the package builds again.

> > No it isn't.

> I've successfully built emacs21 on sid (i386) with (I think)
> xaw3dg-dev_1.5+E-12, in other words the version which lacked all xlibs
> dependencies.  I was surprised, but I guess emacs21 has all xlibs needed
> by xaw3dg-dev already as direct build-deps.

Or you're building in an unclean chroot.  The *only* X dev package emacs21
build-depends on is xaw3dg-dev; so if emacs21 built for you even with the
broken version of xaw3dg-dev, that should tell you something about your
build environment.

> And the latest buildd attempt was on sparc, and it is
> "maybe-successful":

An accident of the build environment -- it looks like mrpurply had
libxaw-dev already installed in the chroot.  Every other buildd has failed
to build emacs21 using xaw3dg-dev; furthermore, the failure has been
analyzed and the bug against emacs21 reopened...