Re: gnokii: unmaintained

Hello Roberto,

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 22:09 +0200, ROBERTOJIMENOCA@terra.es wrote:
> It seems the gnokii package is unmaintained and its maintainer doesn't do anything.
> Should the package be orphaned so other interested developers can take it?

The package is currently up for adoption by the current maintainer (a
step before orphaning). I've done an NMU a while ago to fix some of the
more pressing bugs, and at that time, there was some interest of people
in taking it over. The bug log indicates that Leo Costela is nearly
ready to upload the package: http://bugs.debian.org/352614
I'm CC'ing him now, maybe he can tell you more about the status.

If you want to help out, contact Leo on how to assist him, or feel free
to add information or patches to open bugs.

thanks for your interest,

Thijs