Re: the BTS gains a remote bug tracking feature for free !

Le Mer 3 Mai 2006 17:54, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:56:32AM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> >   It currently only support bugzilla (which would still help kde,
> > gnome, X.org, linux kernel, samba, mozilla, gcc Maintainers to cite
> > only them), but is written so that adding new backend is not a
> > difficult task.
>
> Could you please briefly comment about where to start looking for
> adding a new backend?

in the svn, in the remote module.

  base.py holds the class you have to subclass: RemoteBts.

  backends then produce pairs of (self, opaque_data) and the class
  RemoteReport acts as a proxy on those.

  Though, before working on new backends, I'd like to polish some others
things first, and to be sure the API I'm showing to you is stable (it
had a recent change not later than yesterday IIRC).
  Especially, I will at some point make the "virtuals" functions of the
RemoteBts class protected (prefix them with an underscore). maybe some
other things may change a bit (removing dirty globals and make them be
class static vars e.g.).

  If you are interested into writing a backend (for mantis I guess ?),
you could join the devel ML, so that you can start when the API is
mature enough (that should be in less than a week IMHO though).

 [1] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/bts-link/trunk/remote/base.py?op=file

PS: reply-to set to bts-link-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org,
    please honour it.
--