Re: the BTS gains a remote bug tracking feature for free !

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 01:21:41PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> btslink will *never* close or reopen bugs. So it's pretty harmless IMHO,
> this won't resurect a RC bug for which you made a debian-only patch and
> that is still not fixed upstream.
>
> So just tell me if somethings looks illogical so that I make it work in
> a more sensible way. But I don't think a "validation" of the mails is
> vital (especially since once bts-link has the appropriate fix, next run
> will make things right again with no human intervention)

Sounds good, though practice will have to show. I am ok if we keep
this *large scale test* running and see how it works. Anyway, I would
have preferred to roll this out in a different fashion:

 1. release it as a package so all maintainers can use the tool if
 they like.
 2. if this shows that indeed it works as expected, launch a central
 service one can opt-in.
 3. if there are still no problems, enable it for all.

Anyway, innovations like this are appreciated. Thanks for your contribution.

 - Alexander
--
 GPG messages preferred.    |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack             | : :' :      The  universal