Re: screenshot with package description

Em Seg, 2006-05-01 às 17:54 +0000, Gonéri Le Bouder escreveu:
> I did some test. My repository is here: http://gloria.rulezlan.org/debian/
> update_tarballs.pl updates the index_* files and the tarballs.
> For the moment it doesn't create index for testing. It doesn't try to deal
> with pixmap Depends.

Looks good... Some random thoughts:

1) Isn't some versioning info missing? I mean, you have screenshots, but
how can the user know if the screenshot refers to the current version
(that's quite relevant for games)... Actually, the user must be warned
if the screenshot is from an older version...

2) Shouldn't it have a standard for logos and screenshots? I mean, you
could have 2 types of images (logos or screenshot) with 2 sizes (low-res
or high-res).

3) It would be good to give the user the choice of downloading a subset
(for instance: only low-res, only logos), helping to reduce the
bandwidth usage.

4) A Packages.gz-like file would be helpful for upgrades (considering
the .tar.gz can be quite big, as you get 50k for one package), I would
suggest something like:

Package: netpanzer
Version: a.b-c
Pixmaps-Maintainer: Foo Bar <foo@bar.com>
Low-Logo: netpanzer-a.b-c_logos_low.tar
High-Logo: netnetpanzer-a.b-c_logos_high.tar
Low-Screenshots: netpanzer-a.b-c_screens_low.tar
High-Screenshots: netpanzer-a.b-c_screens_high.tar
Low-All: netpanzer-a.b-c_all_low.tar
High-All: netpanzer-a.b-c_all_high.tar
All: netpanzer-a.b-c_all_all.tar

(the 'all' series can be optional to save server's disk usage)

5) I would suggest including the entry above together with the .tar
(maybe name it .pdeb), so it would be possible to upload it with tools
similar to dupload or dput, or to the user download an individual
pixmaps package and just install it...

daniel