Re: Bug#365010: Xserver G5 usb keyboard not loaded ...
- To: "Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford [Contr]" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Sven Luther <email@example.com>, Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#365010: Xserver G5 usb keyboard not loaded ...
- From: Andreas Barth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:59:54 +0200
- Message-id: <20060427115954.GD9262@mails.so.argh.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Andreas Barth <email@example.com>, "Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford [Contr]" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Sven Luther <email@example.com>, Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <Pine.SGI.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20060427101413.GA13668@powerlinux.fr> <email@example.com> <20060427111920.GA18182@powerlinux.fr> <20060427113017.GW408@mails.so.argh.org> <Pine.SGI.firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford [Contr] (email@example.com) [060427 13:53]:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Sven Luther (firstname.lastname@example.org) [060427 13:23]:
> > > Dear fellow powerpc folk, this clearly means that the debian support for
> > > powerpc is dead or almost so, and i strongly recomend you to go find another
> > > distribution to run which cares a bit more about the powerpc architecture.
> > I'd rather prefer if you don't overexegerate.
> I'm not sure he's exagerating. There has been a grave silence about the
> daily images not building, for anyone who doesn't access IRC anyway.
I'm not too happy either to become aware of that issue in this way - but
well, I think his cited words "debian support for powerpc is dead or
almost so" and his recommendation people to change away from debian do
way more harm than the images not building the images for a month, and I
also don't really see any ground for these words.
Of course, best that could happen now would be if someone just takes up
the loose ends, and tries to fix the issues - and I hope someone just
> I would have expected to see some mention of it on the list so people who
> don't stay on IRC (and people who are only interested in the ppc architecture)
> would know what was going on.
I never doubted that. :)