Re: utnubu-desktop for the masses

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 04:57:42PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> So far this entire thread has managed to be a useless distraction from
> the question at hand, which is how to make Debian's desktop task the
> best collection of packages it can be. I hope that if Gustavo hasn't
> been scared off by the predictably useless evolution of this thread so
> far, he will still find a way to work with me to help improve things in
> this area.

Can you maybe explain what the current status is for those of us who
haven't installed etch lately and/or ran tasksel?

IIRC Frans Pop said at FOSDEM that some changes for the desktop task
were implemented since sarge, I don't remember what exactly that was.
E.g., can users choose between GNOME and KDE now?

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer