Re: ip access pemit

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Murilo Bernardes wrote:
hello,
i've got a email server and i'd like to permit access only to a few ip
numbers. can anyone help with this?

Greetings,

With a simple Google query I found: http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.postfix.users/browse_thread/thread/6fed867f36847f74/4dc7981ffca06d8a%234dc7981ffca06d8a While it is from 2003 I doubt that the syntax has changed very much (I do not use postfix). If it does not work as expected then I would suggest reading the Postfix manual (sounds like you should do this anyways) and/or querying Google.

Also, when a service does not have built in authentication measures it is easy to impose such limits with iptables. Something like `iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -s allowed_ip --dport 25 -j ACCEPT` should work well if your default policy for the INPUT chain is set to DROP or REJECT. If it is not then you could change it to be so(`iptables -P INPUT REJECT`) or insert a new rule before your ACCEPT line: `iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 --dport 25 -j REJECT`.

Enjoy,

Sam "RavidgeMole" Bisbee | "All programmers are playwrights
<www.geecs.org/~sbisbee> | and all computers are lousy actors."