Re: Debian Light Desktop - meta package

"André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira" <andrelrf@gmail.com> writes:
>> Any particular reason for not just using xpdf?
>
> Evince have more resources and combine with the Xfce interface.
> In the reality I would like to keep the applications with the same
> appearance. Possibly gtk2.

Er, that's nice, but as long as xpdf is (much) faster, lighter-weight,
and renders documents much more nicely, wouldn't it make more sense to
use it?

I like evince's pretty widgets too (though its keybindings suck), but
every time I try it, I give up in disgust after a short while because
it's so slow and dysfunctional -- and this this is on a normal system;
on a "lightweight" system, evince makes even less sense.

If, someday, evince becomes a better choice, you can switch then...

-Miles