Re: Maintainers Guide
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Maintainers Guide
- From: Tollef Fog Heen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:22:00 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20060329023616.GA25715@feynman.home> (Anthony DeRobertis's message of "Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:36:16 -0500")
- References: <email@example.com> <20060326184831.GD3546@ngolde.de> <20060326193149.GQ19062@yuggoth.org> <4428CE2D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20060329023616.GA25715@feynman.home>
* Anthony DeRobertis
| Well, isn't prohibiting the "I didn't know it is copyrighted" defence
| the only legal effect of having the notice nowadays, anyway?
Are you able to claim that source code written is not under copyright
in any way? It's less than 70 years after the author's death (even
for really old code from, say, 1950) and if it clearly is
copyrightable, it will be under copyright.
Tollef Fog Heen ,''`.
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are : :' :