removal of lukemftpd and lukemftp from debian

Hi all.  I sent the following to Takuo KITAME on Monday, 20 March, and
have yet to get a reply.  Please read and comment:

The lukemftpd and lukemftp packages have been replaced upstream by
tnftpd and tnftp [1] and have not seen any maintainer activity since
2002.  [2]

The tnftp package (an ftp client) is in the archive [2], and should
probably replace lukemftp.  It does properly Conflict with and Replace
lukemftp in debian/control.  However, it also does not get any
maintainer support and has had an open RC security bug with an attached
patch for more than 1 year.  I will prepare an NMU of the current
upstream release to fix this bug ASAP.

So, before I file a bug against ftp.debian.org requesting the removal of
the lukemftp* packages, would anybody like to speak up in their defense?
I'm willing to adopt tnftp and package tnftpd so it can replace
lukemftpd, if that's what needs to happen.

1. http://freshmeat.net/projects/tnftpd
2. http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lukemftp.html
3. http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/tnftp.html