removal of lukemftpd and lukemftp from debian

Hi all.  I sent the following to Takuo KITAME on Monday, 20 March, and
have yet to get a reply.  Please read and comment:

The lukemftpd and lukemftp packages have been replaced upstream by
tnftpd and tnftp [1] and have not seen any maintainer activity since
2002.  [2]

The tnftp package (an ftp client) is in the archive [2], and should
probably replace lukemftp.  It does properly Conflict with and Replace
lukemftp in debian/control.  However, it also does not get any
maintainer support and has had an open RC security bug with an attached
patch for more than 1 year.  I will prepare an NMU of the current
upstream release to fix this bug ASAP.

So, before I file a bug against ftp.debian.org requesting the removal of
the lukemftp* packages, would anybody like to speak up in their defense?
I'm willing to adopt tnftp and package tnftpd so it can replace
lukemftpd, if that's what needs to happen.

noah

1. http://freshmeat.net/projects/tnftpd
   http://freshmeat.net/projects/tnftp
2. http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lukemftp.html