Re: Moving GFDL documentation to non-free

On 10604 March 1977, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> The simplest way I can see is to take the pristine tarball and rename
> to foo-non-free of foo-non-dfsg, and to just install what was removed
> from the modified tarball in main. However, the Emacs tarball is
> 18 megs big so I'm not sure ftp masters would allow it in the archive.

Rebuild the tarball. You need to do that anyways for main, so build a
new one for non-free too, containing only the rest and what may be
needed to built it.
Dont rename the source package for main too. Was allowed for make, but
its better to not rename.

--
bye Joerg
[http://www.youam.net/stuff/info...-hosting.de/server-info.php]