Re: conffile purging and maintainer scripts

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Thomas Hood writes ("Re: conffile purging and maintainer scripts"):
> > If a file /etc/foo was formerly a conffile of the package but no
> > longer is so then /etc/foo should be dealt with in the preinst or
> > postinst.
>
> Regrettably this is currently true.  I think this is a bug in dpkg and
> I think I know how to fix it.  I'll see what I can do about it in a
> more appropriate venue than debian-devel :-).

Maybe at the same time you could integrate ucf into dpkg... because with
ucf you have a similar problem: the configuration file is no longer a
conffile since it's handled by ucf, and you have to take care to remove it
in maintainer scripts (on purge).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog