Re: Delayed ldconfig execution in postinst step

#include <hallo.h>
* Pierre Habouzit [Mon, Mar 13 2006, 07:16:22PM]:

> > What is a depends? Do you mean dependency or dependents?
> > Further, I would not depend on package installation operations but
> > instead invent something like "dpkg-hook --execute ldconfig" to run
> > outstanding tasks noted under the name "ldconfig".
>
> you also need a way to enforce the run, e.g. if you change your libc,
> you may want to run the ldconfig ASAP, and to purge its entry from the
> cache of actions to perform at the end.

Why should I want this? What is so special about libc from dynamic
loader's point of view? Would any glibc maintainer second that?

And of course the command is to be removed from the list of pending task
when the task is executed, why would we want to run the things twice?

Eduard.

--
OpenBSD fails miserably in this respect, and makes for an example of how NOT
to work with the community on security issues.  Their approach is, roughly,