Re: ITP: freebsd-manpages -- Manual pages for a GNU/kFreeBSD system

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 04:52:04AM -1200, Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> >Wouldn't this package conflict with the 'manpages' package (which provides
> >them for GNU/Linux) and with the manpages provided by other (core)
> >packages?
> >Or are all manpages going to be renamed so that there is no filename
> >conflict
> >under /usr/share/man/man{2,4}?
> no manpages are not going to be renamed. but should be split of
> from manpages if they are linux specific to a package called linux-manpages.
> check the package that's in new queue now how it's done:
> http://io.debian.net/~tar/debian/freebsd-manpages/

I would simply add a specific man section for those kind of pages.
See for instance manpages-posix, which add a 'p' suffix to the section
number. A 'b' section would be probably suitable. User could easily
select their own section of interest.

Francesco P. Lovergine