Re: Re: Re: Implicition declarations of functions and bugs

I'm inclined to treat this as a gcc-4 bug.  To witness:

$ cat t.c
char *
foo (char *str)
{
  return strdup(str);
}
$ gcc-3.3 -c -g -O -Wall t.c
t.c: In function `foo':
t.c:4: warning: implicit declaration of function `strdup'
t.c:4: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
gcc-4.0 -c -g -O -Wall t.c
t.c: In function 'foo':
t.c:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strdup'
t.c:4: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strdup'

The gcc-3.3 warnings makes perfect sense.  The gcc-4.0 warnings are
useless.  There is no hint on how the "implicit declaration of
built-in function `strdup'" is incompatible.

  --david

--
Mosberger Consulting LLC, http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/