Re: freetype pre-release packages: testing needed

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 00:25, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Packages for freetype 2.2rc4 can be found at
> <http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/freetype/>.  Please test them and let
> me know what breaks!

I have tested the udeb from that location with the graphical version of
Debian Installer and seen no problems.

> In particular, it would be appreciated if users
> could install freetype 2.2rc4 on sarge and confirm whether they're
> truly compatible; these binary packages are built against etch, though,
> so you'll need to rebuild to install it on sarge.

Done.

One strange thing is that the package let me install libfreetype6 without
upgrading libfreetype6-dev.

Installing the new version also resulted in a change in how fonts look in
KDE. See attached screenshots.

I'll let you know if I notice anything else.

Cheers,
FJP