Re: buildd and experimental

No need to Cc, I'm subscribed[0].

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 23:39 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> "Brian M. Carlson" <sandals@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 22:59 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
[gnucash not appearing on buildd.d.o; is this normal?]
> > Yes.  You want experimental.ftbfs.de, specifically:
> > <http://experimental.ftbfs.de/build.php?arch=&pkg=gnucash>.  Right now,
> > it's only showing kfreebsd-i386, but that's probably because
> > experimental packages haven't been built before (and that kfreebsd-i386
> > uses e.f.d for all packages building).
>
> Very helpful, thanks.
>
> How do I get the package queued more generally?  Is it automatic?

I'm not sure I understand.  Is your question "how does a package get in
to the build queues for experimental?"  If so, the answer is yes, it is
automatic.  You can see the queues at www.buildd.net.  For some reason,
it appears that "gnucash [is] not registered" at least for sparc[1].
However, that is probably because gnucash has never (at least, not
recently) been built for experimental before, and the non-sid buildds
just haven't realized that it's there yet.  They'll get to it, I'm sure.

[0] In case you're unsure, you can check the X-Spam-Status header, which
will tell you that I am an LDOSUBSCRIBER, in which case you can assume
that I will ask to be Cc'd if necessary.  Not a complaint, just a note.
[1] And powerpc, but I noted that you actually uploaded the powerpc
binary.  I must remember that you upload powerpc binaries.