Using /cdrom/.disk/udeb_(in|ex)clude to load custom udebs instead of d-i's?

Hi guys,

I'm playing with the latest debian-testing-i386-businesscard.iso. One of the things I want to do is automate the network configuration process in an environment where DHCP is not an option. Actually, what I want is for the debian installer to look up the network settings according to the hardware addresses it finds. So what I've done is I've created my own netcfg udeb package, which I've named tiem.netcfg, that provides configured-network. On the iso image, I've created a .disk/ directory and placed within the file udeb_exclude, which contains the single line:

netcfg

And the file udeb_include, which contains the single line:

tiem.netcfg

If I understand available-hooks.txt right, this should tell the debian installer to load my tiem.netcfg udeb instead of the debian installer's netcfg, but it doesn't. It loads netcfg anyway.

As the installer runs and d-i's netconfig sits there waiting for me to type in an address I can switch to another terminal and load my udebs by hand using udpkg, and my udebs work, they're just not being loaded *instead of* the default udeb.

Anyone have an idea what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Peek