Re: Marking BTS spam

In article <[🔎] 20060221203327.GE24457@debian.potter>
kmark+debian-devel@pipeline.com writes:
>there was added a 'button' on all bug-number pages to 'mark as spam' on
>near the bottom but IIRC it was marked as an experimental project to
>only collect data for future use. If this has been implemented and
>affect filtering, I guess the list-master would know. I guess some
>script-foo could be used to 'click' the spam 'button' on the web page
>but not my me x-)

The lists.debian.org spam "button" doesn't have much immediate effect.
The bugs.debian.org spam "button", after manual review, is used to
clean the BTS and train the spam filters.  This review usually occurs
daily.  An occasional mistake is no problem, but using it excessivly
on bugs that don't have spam may get your IP address banned from the
BTS web site.

I also clean bugs that have gotten messages with questionable
spamassassin scores.

Scripting using the BTS spam feature is pretty easy, I've done so to
process the email to owner@bugs telling us about spam in a bug.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html