Re: when and why did python(-minimal) become essential?

Thomas,

how does responding to a flamey thread that had already died a week and
a half earlier make anything better? (It doesn't even matter that the
point had already been made.)

Debian has a tendency to have many or most of its mailing list
discussion turn into flame wars, and this is bad, because it deters
people with constructive input from participating. If we are to ever
improve the situation the least we can do is to not respond to mails in
flame wars that have already died. Preferably, not responding to flame
mails at all, but let's start with a small step.