Re: NEWS.Debian abuse

Il giorno mar, 31/01/2006 alle 18.03 -0600, Kenneth Pronovici ha
scritto:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 07:36:37PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > Please remove the entry from NEWS.Debian and do not do this again.
> > Users should not care about who maintains the package.
>
> Why not?

Because NEWS.Debian is supposed to be read by Debian *users* looking
there for important changes about the package, and, unless all Debian
developer are on their road to rockstarhood (groupies! groupies!) users
are not interested in who is maintaining a package.

> (Besides, I listed in the previous news item that the package was up for
> adoption, so it only seems sensible for Chris to indicate that he's
> taken it over officially.)

Then you was wrong too. :)

federico

--