Bug#349064: ITP: flash-plugin -- installer for Macromedia Flash Plugin
Owner: Bart Martens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : flash-plugin
Version : 18.104.22.168
Upstream Author : Bart Martens <email@example.com>
* URL : http://members.chello.be/ws35943/flash-plugin/
* License : GPL
Description : installer for Macromedia Flash Plugin
This package downloads the Macromedia Flash plugin and installs it.
The plugin itself is not in this package.
Homepage of the plugin itself: http://macromedia.mplug.org/
The Debian package flash-plugin is meant as an alternative or as a
replacement for flashplugin-nonfree.
Similarities: Both Debian packages are GPL, and download the .tar.gz
from the Macromedia website to comply to the Macromedia license.
- less bugs :-)
- simple scripting in preinst and postinst, no ruby
- uses wget, so simple proxy support
- versions are linked (MD5), thus support downgrade of the plugin
- asks to accept the Macromedia license before downloading the plugin
- no support (yet) for installing a manually downloaded file