Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Christopher Martin wrote:
> No, because as I wrote the whole point of the amendment is to make
> officially acceptable the interpretation of the license which views
> the license as flawed, but still DFSG-free. This amendment is in no
> way arguing for any sort of exception or modification or suspension
> of the DFSG.

The issue here devolves into a question of interpretation; if we can
decide to interpret the Foundation Documents in any way we want simply
by a majority vote, the requirement to have changes to them meet a 3:1
majority becomes rather pointless.

Don Armstrong

--
Filing a bug is probably not going to get it fixed any faster.
 -- Anthony Towns