Re: Re: statement from one of the klik project members [was: The klik project and Debian]

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 08:34:59PM +0000, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > And third, klik doesn't really "install". It brings exactly 1 additional
> > file (the *.cmg) onto the system. It works with "user only" privileges.
>
> Hang on. You loop-mount with user-only privileges? How?

The klik client installation needs root privileges once, to add 7 lines
like this one to /etc/fstab:

  /tmp/app/1/image /tmp/app/1 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0

We know this is ugly (and a big limitation) -- but once Kernel 2.6.14 with
FUSE will become more widespread, this will no longer be required.

Cheers,
Kurt