Re: udev naming problems for eth*

Md wrote:
This reminds me that there should be a list of modules which MUST NOT be
added to the initramfs because loading them too early is both useless
and as in this case actively harmful.

I'm testing this solution:
I added a blacklist file in /etc/mkinitramfs/, put "blacklist
net-module" lines in it and added a line to /usr/sbin/mkinitramfs to append these blacklist lines to initramfs' blacklist:

grep -v "#" ${CONFDIR}/blacklist >> ${DESTDIR}/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

udev now can rename the interfaces, because they haven't a name yet.

furthermore this (or something similar) could be useful if we need some modules not to appear in the initramfs.

cheers
davide