Re: How to determine complete reverse dependencies?

Pádraig Brady <P@draigbrady.com> wrote:
[...]
> However when trying it on my ubuntu breezy desktop,
> I noticed some missing dependencies.
> For e.g. imagemagick isn't reported to depend on libc6 ?

> $ whatrequires libc6 | grep imagemagick
> $ ldd /usr/bin/convert | grep libc
>        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7a1b000)

Please note that ldd is the wrong tool, as it will also list indirect
linking (foo links directly against libbar which in turn links against
libblah). "objdump -p  /usr/bin/convert | grep NEEDED" works better.

> So I'm wondering is this a bug in the imagemagick package
> dependencies, or am I doing something stupid?
[...]

It is a bug, which has already been fixed in Debian unstable with this
upload:
-----------
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:00:09 +0200
 imagemagick (6:6.2.4.5-0.1) unstable; urgency=low
[...]
   * debian/control: Use shlibs information to generate Depends line for
     imagemagick binary package.

        cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute