Re: Trivial bug on apt-file (Was : Re: Development standards for unstable)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:
> dependancy on curl. However, declaring proper dependancies for the
> package is a "should", not a "must", so if a debian developper is free
> to creating uninstallable packages if he fancies this.

Disclaimer: I am not talking about apt-file.

<QA hat on>
I sure hope no DDs have such sloppy standards for their work that they would
upload such crap to unstable knowlingly.  Note that transitory dependency
problems are not what we are talking about.
</QA hat on>

If you are going to violate a _should_ forever, you better be able to
provide a full, acceptable technical explanation for your reasons.  And for
the sake of team work, that also means tagging a bug about the issue as
wontfix, and adding the explanation to the bug logs.

  Henrique Holschuh