Re: APT public key updates?

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 09:14:50PM +1100, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> We're already doing security rX updates to Sarge anyway, surely we just
> need to synchronise the key rollover with those releases? And maybe an
> rX release if the current archive key becomes compromised?

This is inconsistent with Debian's past policies wrt stable releases,
namely, that it should be possible for a user to skip all point releases and
security updates (at the peril of their system's security...) and still be
able to upgrade when a new stable release comes out.  This is necessary if
we're to accomodate the many Debian deployments which don't have a reliable
network connection and are only updated when a new stable release is
published.  Please keep this use case in mind while designing solutions for
the apt key update problem.

Cheers,