Re: Need for launchpad

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006, Frans Jessop wrote:
> Ubuntu's launchpad is amazing.  Do you think it would be helpful if all
> DD's worked through it on their projects?  Wouldn't that keep things more
> organized and efficient?  Or perhaps Debian could build its own version of
> launchpad which is better.  Again, I think it would do a good job keeping
> everything organized an efficient.

 In my experience of last week, some parts are still buggy;  the
 software needs to mature a bit.  I dream of the day I'll see patches
 from Fedora or Ubuntu one click away from the list of bugs of Debian
 packages.

 (I don't think the "non-free" argument is here of importance
 considering it's a web service, in the same way as Google or
 buildd.net.  I shall get flamed for these remarks.)

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
Current Earth status:   NOT DESTROYED