Re: Is mesa actually maintained?

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 09:26:33AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Hello!  This is one of 5 RC bugs, apparently with no maintainer response.
> Apparently the list which is listed as the maintainer is rejecting messages
> (336752), which probably contributes to the problem.  Hence the Cc: to
> debian-devel.
>
> This bug is trivial to fix, and because it prevents mesa from building, it's
> preventing tulip from being built at all.  341479 prevents tulip from being
> built too.
>
> I only noticed this because I'm trying to get the C++ allocator transition
> finished, which tulip is involved in.
>
> So, um, any chance of any progress?

Marcelo has pretty much vanished lately, so I'm going to be doing an NMU of
mesa soon to bring it up to the point where it can be used for Xorg 7.0.
Once that's done, I can start to look at the buglist. I'm not really all
that thrilled about the possibility of becoming the mesa maintainer, but
right now it looks like my only option if I want to move on modular xorg.

 - David Nusinow