Re: ITK: debmake

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 02:50:36PM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> On Saturday 31 December 2005 18.48, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> [debmake]
>
> > As I see in debian-reference:

This should have been developers-reference :-)

> > ---
> > A.3.2 debmake
> >
> [...]
> > However, it's not a bug to use debmake.
> > ---
> > I should remove last sentence from all translations.
>
> Or just drop mention of debmake alltogether?  The description of the debmake
> package already says it's deprecated and only needs a s/might/will/ in the
> last paragraph for the next upload.

Until debmake is really gone, maybe dropping is premature.  It has been
modified per Roger Leigh's comment.

> > As I see maint-guide (New Maintainers"s guide):
> > ---
> > Note: debmake is a package that contains some programs that function
> > similar to dh-make, but its specific use is not covered in this
> > document, because it is deprecated. Please refer to the Debmake manual
> > for more information.
>
> Same here - drop mention alltogether?

For this being entry document, dropping or simply mentioning not to use
may be good idea.

If I hear others pushing along this, I will do so. But for now, current
statement is in line with what it is and what will happen.

Once debmake is really gone from archive, please file wishlist bug.

Osamu