Re: Thoughts on Debian quality, including automated testing

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 08:40:22AM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:

> The other side, and we've seen some people say this in this thread already,
> is that even if a maintainer asks for help, he may not get any - IIRC nis
> was one such package, and I claim that its still used by quite a few, so in
> theory somebody should be found.

ish.  There was one person for nis, though others have posted similar
examples where nobody at all stepped forward.

The thing with NIS (and I imagine other things too) seems to be that
while it's quite widely used it mostly does what people want already so
things are very static and there's relatively little need for much work.