Suggestions for vrms package?

Hi there, people.

I'm currently one of the maintainers of the "virtual Richard
M. Stallman" package (vrms), whose purpose is to indicate to the user
which packages installed in his system are not Free Software.

The package had active development up to 2002 and, then, it wasn't given
so much attention.  As a user of it, I thought that I could lend it a
hand trying to fix some problems and doing some janitorial work on the
Bug Tracking System (BTS) part of vrms.

This resulted in some "new life" in the development of vrms [1] and a
move to a team maintainership [2], with the source package being
developed on Debian's Alioth server [3, 4].

So, I would like to ask you to, please, install it, use it, suggest what
could be improved (preferrably reporting the bugs to the BTS) and tell
us of any bugs that you encounter.  For those not aware of it, you can
report a bug against a package with the use of the nice "reportbug"
program (in the reportbug package).

I think that the package has huge ways to be improved and, as always,
any help is welcome.

I firmly believe that the Free Software applications that we have today
are mature enough (and also sufficient) that we can drop most of the use
of non-free packages.

In the pursuit of this task, I think that vrms is an important
assessment tool, so that the user knows how much non-free software his
system has installed and which Free Software alternatives exist.

Thank you very much for any help, Rogério Brito.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/v/vrms/vrms_1.11/changelog
[2] http://lists.gag.com/pipermail/debian-vrms/
[3] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/vrms
[4] http://alioth.debian.org/projects/vrms