Re: buildd administration

* Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> [2005:12:09 12:45 -0500]:
> * Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> [2005:12:09 17:48 +0100]:
> > Le vendredi 09 d?cembre 2005 ? 12:07 +1000, Anthony Towns a ?crit :
> > > Ingo's burnt a fair number of bridges wrt buildd issues; I'm sorry,
> > > but I don't really care if volunteers decline to work with people who're
> > > obnoxious and rude.
> >
> > Why would it make his work not good for our use? The buildd.net software
> > is obviously much superior to buildd.debian.org, but it hasn't been
> > integrated; the fact his author is Ingo Juergesmann shouldn't matter.
>
> Where is the buildd.net software located? I poked around on the site but
> I couldn't find it except for the update-buildd.net script.

(Replying to myself after getting an answer on IRC from Ingo...)

The short summary to my answer is that buildd.net software is not
publicly available, which may explain at least part of the reason it's
not integrated. This was apparently explained in some other buildd
thread, but I'm not sure which one or where to look.

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide