Re: buildd administration

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 01:01:10PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Josselin Mouette]
> > I started my implication in the project four years ago. For four
> > years, there have been problems with keyring maintenance and buildd
> > administration. For four years, people responsible for these tasks
> > have refused help on these matters. For four years, everything that
> > was suggested on these topics haven't lead to any result, because
> > these same people have simply ignored the suggestions. Can someone
> > tell me when this nightmare is going to end?

Uh, except for arm, m68k and hurd-i386; all the ports have sustained
over 98% up-to-dateness for almost the entirety of the past month -- that was
the major issue that made the Vancouver Nybbles document limit release
architectures to i386, ppc and ia64.

Steve's recent binNMUs of KDE for library transitions has pushed that
down to 97% for a couple of architectures, and 96% for hppa, but if you
problems staying above 95%, which has been the cut-off for consideration
in testing for years now, with hppa even dropping below 90%.

If you want the nightmare to end, I'd suggest you try opening your eyes.

> Perhaps it is time for a replacement buildd network, and a new
> delegation from the DPL for keyring maintenence?

Whatever for, exactly? The buildd network's working better today than
it has since woody released, IMO. I also see the keyring's been updated
earlier this week, including both a replacement key for Horms from late
last month, and Chip's requested updates.

Cheers,
aj