Re: Trying to reach consensus - Yet Another Alternate Proposal to Declassification of debian-private

Em Qui, 2005-12-08 às 01:39 +0100, Wouter Verhelst escreveu:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 02:47:07PM -0300, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> > I hope this is closer to a consensus...
> Afraid not. This proposal basically creates a second class of people --
> those who we want to sign NDA's to be able to read stuff.

Well, if you're going to get access to information that if published
could damage people, that's not surprise. There's a lot of personal
information inside debian-private, which can be usefull for someone
doing a research, but even then, should not be available to general
public.

> That's even further away from 'openness and transparency' than the
> status quo. The idea that developers sometimes have private things
> to say is at least defendable; the idea that Debian is joining the NDA
> crap is not, IMNSHO.

Well, Debian Developers today agree to a non-formal NDA about
debian-private. I'm just suggesting that this could be extended for
others who want to get access to the debian-private archive.

daniel