Re: buildd administration

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 01:01:10PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Josselin Mouette]
> > I started my implication in the project four years ago. For four
> > years, there have been problems with keyring maintenance and buildd
> > administration. For four years, people responsible for these tasks
> > have refused help on these matters. For four years, everything that
> > was suggested on these topics haven't lead to any result, because
> > these same people have simply ignored the suggestions. Can someone
> > tell me when this nightmare is going to end?
>
> Perhaps it is time for a replacement buildd network, and a new
> delegation from the DPL for keyring maintenence?

Anything else, while we're at it?

Maybe you have missed something, so let's reiterate:

The main problem of the arm port is *not* the buildd maintenance, but
rather the lack of people fixing actual bugs, which is *not* the job of
the buildd admin but of the porters.

(as Steve pointed out, in some cases those sets overlap, but that just
means the buildd guy gets to fix bugs with his porter hat on)

I guess nobody says the buildd network does not have any issues, but
they wane when compared to the lack of porting.

Unfortunately, you do not seem to trust James' opinion on this, but why
do you not trust our beloved Release Manager, either, who said he knew
of no serious issues with buildd maintenance right now?

Now, for the keyring stuff, please post to -project, as this is seems to
be off-topic here.

thanks,

Michael

--