Re: StrongARM tactics

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 05:51 am, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
>+%libopenspc: i386 kfreebsd-i386
# i386 assembler
>+%xmms-openspc: i386 kfreebsd-i386                                    # i386
dependency (libopenspc)
>+pcsx: i386                                                          # i386
assembly

I've tried to contact the maintainers (listed in the file) of the
packages-arch-specific file for two of my packages in your patch,
xmms-openspc and libopenspc, and have never received a response -- my sponsor
said that the maints were very busy, so I've not mailed them since. Neither
of these packages are going to work on non-i386 in the future, so certainly
feel free to add them!

I'm also the maintainer of PCSX and its associated plugins, which will all
likely go Arch: i386 in my sponsor's next upload of them. They *might* all
build on other arches, but whether they will *work* is questionable. PCSX has
terrifying code (to me), and I'm not sure which C routines dropping the ASM
would reactivate, which could cause it to have even more random segfaults --
I have most of those on i386 fixed, but I can't test on other arches. Having
said that, I'd prefer that it not be added to p-a-s yet, because I intend to
somehow ensure that it works on other arches soon, and then I'll redo the
Arch line.

if you can.

--
Ryan Schultz