Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:

> Treating system headers as part of the source code means we would be
> awash in GPL violations, since almost nobody includes all the
> necessary system header files with their application's source code.

What is this "almost nobody"?

Debian most certainly does distribute the necessary system files.

Moreover, this requirement only attaches if you are distributing
binaries.  If you are not distributing binaries, then you don't need
section three at all, and section two does not require that.

Thomas