Re: making developer location from ldap public?

Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> writes:

> Some people are not comfortable with having that kind of information
> easily available on the Internet.  The default must be opt-in, or not
> at all.

I understand why it must be optional, but I'm unclear why that means
that the default must be opt-in.  Can you explain?

We are talking about Debian Developers, who are supposed to read their
email.  We can easily give people fair warning, and then make the
change.

Thomas