Re: python's gettext.gettext broken, use gettext.lgettext

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:06:48 -0500, Joe Wreschnig uttered
> No, it doesn't return UTF-8, it returns unicode objects. They're
> automatically recoded when you try to print them (based on the same
> function lgettext uses, locale.getpreferredencoding()). As Steve said,
> unicode objects are basically like str objects, so code changes should
> be minimal. I'll take a look at Linda/Lintian soon to see what needs to
> be done, but I suspect it'll be trivial.

I have already had a look, and actually already ripped out
gettext.gettext, and switched to gettext.install.

If you'd like to look at the pre-release, it is available at:

http://wedontsleep.org/~steven/linda/linda_0.3.17_all.deb

Cheers,
--
					Steve
"You have a fear of nothingness, or in laymen's terms, a fear of ...