Re: possible ICU transition

Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
While we're at all the i18n (is there a more proper list for this, BTW?)
business: Is there a good way for a given locale of getting ordinal numbers?
Ie. func(1) = “1st”, func(2) = “2nd”, func(3) = “3rd” etc. for LANG=en_US,
func(1) = “1ère”, func(2) = “2ème”, func(3) = “3ème” etc. for LANG=fr_FR and
so on...

I think if I had to implement such a function, I would use a kind of
property file, i.e. an approach similar to other language specific text
strings and translate the text strings which are needed; becomes
difficult of course if there is an open end of numbers you have to
support...

Regards,
	Andreas

--