Re: What is going on with udev?

    >> One can't even claim that using 'kernel-image*' will confuse
    >> the users of the *BSD or Hurd ports, because those packages
    >> simply won't be in their Package files, will they?

There may be good reasons to install Linux even if you use The Hurd.

For example, consider emulators such as qemu (no I didn't check if
this one runs under The Hurd).

So omitting these packages from the Package index files on *BSD or The
Hurd (if/when this is possible) may not be the best solution.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>