Re: What is going on with udev?

On 03-Aug-05, 11:48 (CDT), Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 August 2005 18:15, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > Thanks for the pointer, Adam, and a giant "Feh!" to the genius who came
> > up with that idea.
>
> Did you even think of asking for the rationale behind the name change?

I know what the rationale is: to avoid offending the *BSD and Hurd
users, because , ya know, they have kernels too. And if we were starting
from scratch, I'd be all for it. But at this point, it's just a stupid
annoying change that makes it hard for people to find updates. I've been
waiting for a linux-2.16.12 package to come out, but I've been filtering
on 'kernel-image.*', because that's what the name is. To change it know
is just silly political correctness.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland