Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

Hi,

* Nico Golde (nico@ngolde.de) [050801 15:21]:
> * Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> [2005-08-01 15:16]:
> > * Neil McGovern (neilm@debian.org) [050801 14:02]:

> > > What are the requirements to become a AM?
> >
> > Be a debian developer, know about Debian more than the average, have
> > experience with QA or so (because you need to check a lot with other
> > people's packages) and a known good record, have time to burn, contact
> > front desk.

> And to be dd at least 6 months afaik.

On the very day I got my account, Frontdesk asked me in IRC whether I
want to become AM. That speaks against that theory. :)

But people going to become AM should have a broader experience in Debian
than just maintaining one package. There are multiple ways to get that,
and of course, being in the game a bit longer helps there.

Cheers,
Andi