Re: cpufrequtils init script in rcS.d

* Mattia Dongili

| On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 12:39:03AM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
| > In article <[🔎] 20050715102817.GA7678@inferi.kami.home> you wrote:
| > > Sorry. The main idea is making power management more effective, that's
| > > why earlier is better here.
| >
| > I dont see why this is the case. in the bootup phase the  system is loaded
| > anyway, no need to throttle it.
|
| Well, I can actually imagine that most of the time at bootup is spent
| waiting for I/O to complete, HW probes and so on, nothing that CPU bound
| actually (AFAICT).

If you take a look at
http://www.planetarytramp.net/bootchart/bootchart-20041210-1934.png,
you will see that it actually is CPU-bound in some places and
I/O-bound in other.  S20 runs after about twenty seconds.  I really
don't think having your CPU run at full speed for twenty seconds is
going to matter much for your battery life.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-