Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 22:47:45 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> said:

> If these are good settings for dupload, why is it not included in
> the package as the default configuration for dupload?

        Good by whose criteria? Yours? Mine? Joe random Developer's?
 What is more important -- speed, not seeing garbage on the screen
 when uploading, or ensuring one always signs stuff? What if I use
 pbuilder and it always signs stuff for me, so the check is just a
 waste of time? What if I wanna upload even when linda crashes (as it
 does periodically for me)?

        Why are people so darned allergic to looking up the
 documentation and configuring packages to suit their needs?  Why must
 one always be spoon fed pap from the maintainer, straight out of the
 box, so one does not ever have to think an iota for one self?

        What if there is no One True Way To Configure Everything?

        The settings I provided suited the needs of the parent
 poster -- but may or may not suit the needs of everyone else (the
 linda afficianados would not like the settings, nor would people who
 always ensure their packages are signed by other means).

        manoj
--
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding
bureaucracy.