Re: configure a program -- debconf abuse?

Em Sáb, 2005-07-09 às 22:58 +1000, Hamish Moffatt escreveu:
> That sounds like a good use for hidden questions. But I think we ask way
> too many questions on the whole.

Agreed.

> Does the new Debian user really care if their fonts are managed with
> defoma, a technology they have never heard of? (And when did defomized
> become a verb?) There should be a sensible default. Why shouldn't fonts
> always be managed with defoma?

Agreed, again. Undoing this "abuse" of debconf priorities is one of the
stated goals of the Debian Desktop sub-project, you know:

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-desktop/

> The post-reboot (debootstrap) stage asks way too many questions.
> This is a pity because the pre-reboot (d-i) stage is excellent.

So let's make it better!

See ya,

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>